English tests for international students

Thinking about studying in Australia? Want to know whether you need to meet minimum English language requirements? We outline which English languages tests are accepted for student visa applications. 

When applying for student visas, it is essential to satisfy the minimum English language requirements. Unless you are exempt, you will need to prove that you meet this requirement by providing your results from one of the following English language tests: 

IELTS - International English Language Testing System
TOEFL iBT - Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test
CAE - Certificate in Advanced English (Cambridge English Advanced test)
PTE - Pearson Test of English Academic
OTE - Occupational English Test

You will need to achieve the minimum score in your English language test in order to meet the requirements for a student visa. As of 27 May 2018, TOEFL Paper based tests are no longer accepted for student visa applications. 

Have you sat one of these English tests before? How did you find it? Let us know your thoughts.

Contact us on +61 404 010 815 or info@titanmigration.com.au if you need assistance with enrolling in a course of study in Australia and applying for a student visa.